- The privacy of emighsoutdoorliving.com visitors is very important to Emigh’s Outdoor Living, and Emigh’s Outdoor Living is committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what Emigh’s Outdoor Living will do with your personal information.
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com)
and modified by Three29 Media, LLC. (https://three29.com/)
C. Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of emighsoutdoorliving.com including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with emighsoutdoorliving.com;
- information that you enter when you create a profile on emighsoutdoorliving.com—for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to Emigh’s Outdoor Living’s emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on emighsoutdoorliving.com;
- information that is generated while using emighsoutdoorliving.com, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through emighsoutdoorliving.com, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- information that you post to emighsoutdoorliving.com with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- information contained in any communication that you send to emighsoutdoorliving.com by email or through emighsoutdoorliving.com, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to Emigh’s Outdoor Living.
Before you disclose to Emigh’s Outdoor Living the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
D. Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to Emigh’s Outdoor Living through emighsoutdoorliving.com will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of emighsoutdoorliving.com. Emigh’s Outdoor Living may use your personal information for the following:
- administering emighsoutdoorliving.com and business;
- personalizing emighsoutdoorliving.com for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on emighsoutdoorliving.com;
- sending you goods purchased through emighsoutdoorliving.com;
- supplying services purchased through emighsoutdoorliving.com;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you Emigh’s Outdoor Living’s email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform Emigh’s Outdoor Living at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to Emigh’s Outdoor Living’s business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which Emigh’s Outdoor Living thinks may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform Emigh’s Outdoor Living at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- providing third parties with statistical information about Emigh’s Outdoor Living’s users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our emighsoutdoorliving.com;
- keeping emighsoutdoorliving.com secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of emighsoutdoorliving.com and other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on emighsoutdoorliving.com, Emigh’s Outdoor Living will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to Emigh’s Outdoor Living.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on emighsoutdoorliving.com and can be adjusted using privacy controls on emighsoutdoorliving.com.
Emigh’s Outdoor Living will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
E. Disclosing personal information
Emigh’s Outdoor Living may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Emigh’s Outdoor Living may disclose your personal information to any member of Emigh’s Outdoor Living’s group of companies (this means Emigh’s Outdoor Living’s subsidiaries, Emigh’s Outdoor Living’s ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Emigh’s Outdoor Living may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that Emigh’s Outdoor Living is required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend Emigh’s Outdoor Living’s legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that Emigh’s Outdoor Living are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who Emigh’s Outdoor Living reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in Emigh’s Outdoor Living reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
F. International data transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that Emigh’s Outdoor Living collects may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
- Personal information that you publish on emighsoutdoorliving.com or submit for publication on emighsoutdoorliving.com may be available, via the internet, around the world. Emigh’s Outdoor Living cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfer of personal information described in this Section F.
G. Retaining personal information
- This Section G sets out Emigh’s Outdoor Living data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that Emigh’s Outdoor Living comply with the legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that Emigh’s Outdoor Living process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Without prejudice to article G-2, Emigh’s Outdoor Living we will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below: (a) Personal information will be deleted 7 days after the order has been received by the customer.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section G, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that Emigh’s Outdoor Living is required to do so by law;
- if Emigh’s Outdoor Living believes that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
H. Security of your personal information
- Emigh’s Outdoor Living will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- Emigh’s Outdoor Living will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through emighsoutdoorliving.com will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and Emigh’s Outdoor Living cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing emighsoutdoorliving.com confidential; Emigh’s Outdoor Living will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to emighsoutdoorliving.com).
Emigh’s Outdoor Living may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on emighsoutdoorliving.com. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. Emigh’s Outdoor Living may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on emighsoutdoorliving.com.
J. Your rights
You may instruct Emigh’s Outdoor Living to provide you with any personal information Emigh’s Outdoor Living holds about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
- the payment of a fee; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
Emigh’s Outdoor Living may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct Emigh’s Outdoor Living at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or Emigh’s Outdoor Living will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
K. Third party websites
emighsoutdoorliving.com includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. Emigh’s Outdoor Living has no control over, and is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
L. Updating information
Please let Emigh’s Outdoor Living know if the personal information that Emigh’s Outdoor Living holds about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- Emigh’s Outdoor Living uses Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to recognize a computer when a user visits the website / track users as they navigate the website / enable the use of a shopping cart on the website / improve the website’s usability / analyze the use of the website / administer the website / prevent fraud and improve the security of the website / personalize the website for each user / target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users;
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 44) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 48), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on emighsoutdoorliving.com.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
- in Firefox (version 44), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 44), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.